Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Employee Appreciation Day

Its a happy time, where I spend my hard earned cash at the store that gives me the large discount and gives me the opportunity to buy CDs I wouldnt even buy at my standard discount, mainly to fill in my catalog and to try new stuff. This years take, part 1:

Can - Tago Mago
Otis Redding - Otis Blue
Thelonoius Monk Quartet w/ John Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall
Richard Thompson - Grizzly Man (soundtrack)
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Richmond Fontaine - Post To Wire

also, now that Joy is gone, I have no one to burn me alternative rock cds in exchange for something from my list.

The Can is interesting, might have to check out some more.
Have rediscovered the Talking Heads after listening to 'side 1' of Remain in Light over and over again. World Music for people who hate world music.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I could still burn CD's for you. I'm not dead or anything. You're the only person I can think of with a personal CD inventory larger than my own.

Any word on why Lane abolished downstairspeople?

emperorp said...

no idea why he killed it. his was the nicest. i wonder if some of his students found it.

also, after the holidays i will work up a new, updated list of what i got.